When you absolutely have to have something sweet and delicious, what you really need is Treatsies.

TO MAKE AN ORDER...simply email us at treatsiesbakery@gmail.com with your request and we'll get back to you within 24 hours to arrange free delivery to your home or hotel!

Monday, March 19, 2012

German Chocolate Cake

It was my friend's birthday recently, so naturally, I asked her what kind of cake she wanted. When she responded with German chocolate, I knew I was in for a challenge. I'd never made one before, mostly because I don't like coconut or pecans. When there's German chocolate cake around, I usually pass. But we were making someone else's wishes come true, so here it is!


There are four layers of rich chocolate cake inside. (Unfortunately, it was night when our friend came over to get the cake, so I didn't get any pictures of the inside.) Between each layer is some of that ooey gooey coconut/pecan custard that got slathered on after I doused the cake in some rum-infused syrup. And the entire outside of the cake is covered with dark chocolate ganache frosting. It's pure indulgence. Just the thing to celebrate a birthday.



No comments:

Post a Comment