When you absolutely have to have something sweet and delicious, what you really need is Treatsies.

TO MAKE AN ORDER...simply email us at treatsiesbakery@gmail.com with your request and we'll get back to you within 24 hours to arrange free delivery to your home or hotel!

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Lemon Polenta Cake

I am a huge advocate of acting like a kid. I can't go near a swing without taking my turn, and I am notorious for laughing too loudly. And naturally, I'm a big fan of never skipping dessert, even if you don't eat your peas. Occasionally though, I do enjoy pretending to be an adult.


This cake is thoroughly sophisticated in its simplicity. In place of flour, it has corn meal and ground almonds to give it a unique texture. In addition to the lemon zest in the cake itself, it's also soaked in lemon syrup. It's sweet and tangy and rich and delicious.


And did I mention this cake just happens to be gluten-free? Making delicious desserts is our number one priority. I love it when we find something that can fit into a gluten-free diet without sacrificing anything in the way of flavor. This is the perfect dessert for a sophisticated dinner party, you know, when you're pretending to be all grown up. It's fresh summery flavors and Italian inspiration make it perfect for pretending you're on a terrace in Tuscany.


Variety is the spice of life. Cakes dripping with frosting are divine, but there's something about the simple elegance of a flavorful naked cake. I'm up for nearly anything, provided it makes my mouth water. Lemon polenta cake? Why, thank you. I don't mind if I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment