When you absolutely have to have something sweet and delicious, what you really need is Treatsies.

TO MAKE AN ORDER...simply email us at treatsiesbakery@gmail.com with your request and we'll get back to you within 24 hours to arrange free delivery to your home or hotel!

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Secret Ingredient Chocolate Cake

Normally, I'm not a big fan of secrets. Generally, I think honesty is always the best policy, as they say. But for every rule there is an exception. For example, presents and surprise parties are always worth shutting your trap for. My husband did an excellent job of keeping his proposal a secret. I had no idea he was even thinking about it. Sometimes secrets can be wonderful.


So, what about secret ingredients? Love 'em! I like it when cooks have a trick up their sleeve. I love the sly smile a grandmother gets when you ask her what's in her dish that makes it so extra special. It just makes cooking and eating that much more fun. So I made a cake with a secret, and I'm not telling. It's nothing weird or gross, I promise. It's all deliciousness.


This cake is ridiculously light and moist. It's so delicate you could eat it with a spoon. Or you may want to opt for a shovel. The frosting is sweet, but not intensely chocolaty. It tastes just like what my dad used to make, even though I have a suspicion he might have put Nestle's Quik in his chocolate frosting. I'll let that be his secret. You won't be able to spot the secret ingredient, you'll just be able to sense something a little extra. Keep eating to keep guessing.



In addition to chocolate cake, we also have a new logo designed by the incomparable Geoff Griggs, who is Treatsies' IT guy, web designer, chief taste-tester, number one hand-holder, and one of my all time favorite humans. He's been working hard on the new website, which should be ready to launch shortly. We hope you like it.

Until then, let us make you a chocolate cake with a secret ingredient. And don't forget the milk.

Photos by Monica Szczupider

No comments:

Post a Comment