When you absolutely have to have something sweet and delicious, what you really need is Treatsies.

TO MAKE AN ORDER...simply email us at treatsiesbakery@gmail.com with your request and we'll get back to you within 24 hours to arrange free delivery to your home or hotel!

Friday, January 13, 2012

Chocolate Raspberry Ganache Tart and Finding My Voice

Everything I know about baking and cooking I learned from watching Food Network.  Growing up, I was never interested in being in the kitchen.  I barely had time to eat, let alone make a cake.  But these days it's all I can think about.  I've constantly got baking on the brain.

So, I made you this chocolate raspberry ganache tart.


I made this for my very first customer here in Honolulu.  Usually the stuff I bake is for my own personal enjoyment, and if there's anything left over, our co-workers get cookies constantly pressed upon them, lest I eat them all by myself.  But this one was for a co-worker's mom's friend's birthday party.  Did you follow that?  Don't worry, it's not really important.


The thing you don't want to overlook is how incredibly decadent this tart is.  Holy monkey, it's a lot of chocolate.  Gorgeous, silky, heavenly, make you swoon chocolate.  Oh, and raspberries.  They're up there, too.  Normally those would be left on my plate, but like I said, this wasn't for me.  I hear normal humans like that sort of thing though.


See that crooked bit?  That's what happens when the tart shifts around in your cake carrier in the car and then you have to try to fix it later and pipe on more whipped cream to make it look slightly less wonky.  It was a perfect circle at my house, I swear.  I can be a perfectionist for sure, but when it comes to dessert, how something tastes takes precedence over looks every time.

Trust me, you don't want to leave out the fresh whipped cream.  It cuts the chocolate ever so slightly and adds a light airy contrast to the dense ganache.  They compliment each other perfectly.  This tart would be perfect for Valentine's Day, but don't wait for an excuse.  Just try it.

*Photos by the awesome Jamie Sweet


No comments:

Post a Comment