When you absolutely have to have something sweet and delicious, what you really need is Treatsies.

TO MAKE AN ORDER...simply email us at treatsiesbakery@gmail.com with your request and we'll get back to you within 24 hours to arrange free delivery to your home or hotel!

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Homemade Cake Batter Ice Cream: A Delicious Disaster

I am not fortunate enough to have my own ice cream maker, but one of my blogging heroes, Michelle at Brown Eyed Baker , told me I could make homemade ice cream without one.  I had been eager to try it out for ages, but...  Well, I'm sorta lazy.



Things didn't go exactly as planned.  I had to switch to a larger pan.  The recipe said medium sauce pan, but I guess my idea of a medium sauce pan is different.  It also said stir occasionally.  My ice cream mix came out with delicious little lumps of cake that stuck to the bottom of the pan.  I don't know if those cake lumps are supposed to be there, but I fully approve of them.

Then came the bit where you let the ice cream mix freeze and then mix it with your hand mixer.  Make sure you have a nice powerful hand mixer if you do this.  After the second freeze, I ended up blowing out the motor on my hand mixer, which totally sucks because I work at the mall and it will take me months to save up enough for a new one.  Oh, AND as I was putting the completed ice cream back in the freezer, my cake holder fell off the top of the fridge and broke.  This was the point at which I sat down on the kitchen floor and wanted to cry.

But even with all that, this ice cream was amaze-balls!!!  We can't stop eating it.  It freezes quite hard, so leave it out of the freezer for a good 10 to 15 minutes before you try to scoop it.  It's super creamy, and a little sticky.  I made my frosting blue because I hate pink.  And that's the best part about making your own ice cream.  It's exactly the way you want it. If you want me to make this for you, you can pick your favorite color.


No comments:

Post a Comment