When you absolutely have to have something sweet and delicious, what you really need is Treatsies.

TO MAKE AN ORDER...simply email us at treatsiesbakery@gmail.com with your request and we'll get back to you within 24 hours to arrange free delivery to your home or hotel!

Friday, March 2, 2012

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies

In case you haven't noticed from my constant bragging, I live in Honolulu. It is one of the most beautiful cities on earth. And you can't get far in this town without running into a macadamia nut. They even have their own aisle at Walmart. They come in just about every flavor, both sweet and savory. These soft buttery nuts are one of the few varieties I'll tolerate.


It was an atypical grey and rainy day in paradise, so I decided to make cookies, and why not give them a little tropical flair? White chocolate macadamia nut cookies are buttery, crunchy, and have a burst of creamy sweetness from the white chocolate chips. Even if you can't make it to the beach, these are a little taste of paradise.

This was the last recipe I had to make with muscle rather than machinery. The day after these came out of the oven, the most beautiful thing arrived at my door.


You may recall, I broke my pitiful little hand mixer trying to make ice cream without an ice cream maker. Since then, I've been making things the old fashioned way. I am a strong proponent of the idea that you can still make delicious desserts without special equipment, but I'm also a strong proponent of laziness. I pinched pennies for weeks and weeks to earn this boysenberry baby. I can't wait to give it a whirl.








No comments:

Post a Comment